A good martial artist I believe should have at least three specific attributes.
1. Technique – you’ve learnt the skills to attack as well as defend.
2. Flexibility – you need this to better your moves and ensure you can take the punches well.
3. Strength – skill without strength is not quite there. So this too is a must.
Now, some have great technique but not the flexibility. Others have great strength but not technique.
But the guy who has technique, flexibility and strength – he’s the one to watch.
And the thing is you can’t really work on this one at a time. You can’t build on your strength and then work on flexibility later. You need to work on all three at the same time. All the time.
To make an impact in your workplace, in what you do, you need at least three specific attributes as well.
1. Passion – otherwise, you’re just doing a job. And anyone can just do a job. You’re bound to be replaced by someone who will be passionate about what you are doing.
2. Resilience – you need this to see you through all the trials you’ll face. Let’s be honest – its not an easy ride to victory for then it wont be called so.
3. Connection – to make an impact, you’ve ultimately got to connect with someone. It’s not all words on a page. At some stage, the human connection kicks in. Over a presentation, a chat or on the phone.
Everything else – can be learnt.
The attributes above – you’ve got to bring it.