I see my choices. Then I see the things that I actually want to do and yet am not able to. There’s a daily battle raging internally as I reprioritise and shift things on my to-do list, responding, pleading, pleasing and chipping away.
And then a moment arrives. A special moment, one unexpected moment and everything changes. Your perspective shifts and all your earlier choices and priorities melt away. This one moment has redefined things for you.
For this, I am grateful, alongside a few other things :
1. Grateful that despite my flawed nature, I seem to be able to bounce back and to see possibilities more than the heartaches and challenges.
2. Grateful for second chances. And third chances. Fourth chances and the list goes on. For every single day that I get to do what I aim to do and yet fail, only to begin afresh tomorrow.
3. Grateful for small victories and little pleasures. They smell so sweet and perfume the journey.
4. Grateful for opportunities I can see. Not so happy about the ones I am blinded to, but I guess ignorance is bliss. But definitely, glad to be able to seize good things when they come by.
5. Grateful for having patience, staying power and resilience. If I didn’t have these, I would not last this journey.
6. Grateful for those who can see the person I am trying to be, rather than the one in front of them.
7. Grateful for today, grateful for tomorrow.
PS pretty grateful that this habit building thing seems to be working now. Have been working on it for some weeks now and this is the first time I have posted three days in a row. Bliss.